Mittwoch, 6. Juni 2012

The Golden Rock

In the early afternoon I took a train from Mandalay to Bago and the ride was about 14 hours. For the adventure spirit I booked ordinary class and I had so much fun for the first 8 hours. The train and the tracks are in terrible condition and the ordinary class is packed full of people. The train is going way too fast for the quality of the tracks and is therefore jumping up and down such that I sometimes hit my head on the ceiling, when flying around in the train... I guess it's a burmese style rollercoaster and a miracle that the train didn't derail (although it often does). It was absolutely great and a must do experience in Myanmar!

In the early morning the nightmare was over and I took some more highly questionable motorized vehicles to reach the Golden Rock. A rock with a little pagoda on top is fully covered in gold and located on the top of a mountain there is supposed to be an amazing view, but lucky me, it was so misty, I could baredly see the Golden Rock.


The rock has not just a thin layer of gold, since you can easily make big carves in it with your fingernail, which means the gold it at least 1cm strong... I don't want to know how much gold is on this rock. It was therefore already quite impressive, even without the view...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen