Sonntag, 20. Mai 2012

Island hopping in southern Thailand

To escape the rainy weather I rescheduled my trip to go further south since the southern Gulf of Thailand tends to stay dry. I went to Ko Tao first but found that besides scuba diving there is not so much more to do. Thus I hopped over to Ko Pha Ngan. The first night I spent in the southern town of Hat Rin with one tourist shop next to the other. To escape this I rented a motorbike and explored the remote parts of the island. The northern and the eastern coast has some spectacular lonely beaches to offer.



But eventually I stayed at Bottle Beach. It was very hard to reach due to the very steep gravel road, but totally worth the hazzle!





In the evening beer, a campfire and roasted marshmallows rounded up the stay in bottle beach.


Ko Pha Ngan was definately worth a visit but also there are a lot more islands down here, which need to be explored...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen